If you are looking to get active, spend time outdoors, meet new people and help the environment, then Green Gym is for you!
Conservation Volunteers Australia has partnered with Parks Victoria and Go for your Life as part of the Active in Parks Partnership encouraging and supporting active community participation and activity in parks.
At Green Gym you can have fun outdoors, discover the wonders of nature, have a great time with your Green Gym team mates and help your local environment through hands-on conservation activities.
Projects include tree planting, rubbish clean ups, weeding, track building and maintenance, flora and fauna surveys and anything else your team feels they can "take on" together.
- Is free to join
- Has sessions for small groups running for four hours a day, twice a week
- Gets you out and about in the fresh air
- Means you are helping the environment in your local community
- Helps get you fit
Conservation Volunteers are excited to be delivering the program in partnership with Parks Victoria and to complement Parks Victoria's Healthy Parks Healthy People philosophy which seeks to reinforce and encourage the connection between a healthy environment and a healthy society.
The Green Gym program is now operating in Victoria based in Melbourne, Ballarat and Geelong.
It's easy to get involved, simply:
- Click Here for a list of projects online
- Call the Green Gym project officer in Ballarat - (03) 5330 2600
- Call the Green Gym Project officer in Melbourne - (03) 9326 8250
- Call the Green Gym Project officer in Geelong - (03) 5221 0300