Payroll or workplace giving is one of the simplest and most cost effective ways of supporting Conservation Volunteers.
Why Payroll give?
It is one of the single most powerful acts you can do to help us conserve and protect our precious natural environment and its inhabitants. Payroll giving means that we can rely on regular financial support, enabling us to plan into the future, budget more effectively and ultimately make a greater difference to the world we live in.
How does it work?
As an employee
It enables you as an employee to make a real difference through regular donations from your pre-tax pay whilst going about your every day work. It doesn’t take much – in fact you probably won’t notice the difference to your pay – but with your ongoing support through payroll giving, we can undertake even more important wildlife and environmental conservation projects throughout Australia.
By donating money directly through your payroll system, you can obtain the tax benefit immediately, rather than applying at the end of the financial year. Your nominated donation amount is deducted from your salary on each pay day, before deducting your tax so the benefit to you is immediate.
- You can donate as much or little as you like (minimum $1)
- There’s no need for you to remember to make a payment each month
- You can opt out anytime – you have full control over your giving
- It’s a tax effective way to give to a charity – costing you less to give more
- Your place of work may also match your donation – making your donation even more significant
Once set up with your employer, your Conservation Volunteers champion/ ambassador at your place of work will send you updates on how your donations are helping us help the environment. You can also subscribe to receive our regular e-newsletter for updates and information. Download Employee Information Brochure
As an employer
Payroll giving is simple to set up and run, and is an excellent way to show support for your employees’ charitable giving. It’s also a great way for you to demonstrate commitment to the causes your employees care about.
It can also:
- Boost staff morale and motivation – aiding retention and recruitment of staff
- Enhance your company's charitable giving with little effort or cost to you
- Enhance your organisation’s corporate social responsibility and community programs
- Allow you to monitor the level of charitable giving your company has achieved
You can either make the payments directly to us, or choose from the following organisations to assist you to set up your workplace giving program with Conservation Volunteers: